Malnutrition. What is it?
Interest in nutrition has always been present in people. The availability of millions of products allows each person to plan their diet in detail, starting from the needs of the body and personal taste. We often hear in the media information and statistics about overweight people, we know the consequences of obesity, and why it occurs. We often meet obese people on the street eating fast food, and it seems that they are not at all interested in the food culture.
So, why does malnutrition happen when there is so much choice? How to avoid the consequences of malnutrition? Let's try to understand these issues.
Malnutrition in more details
"Malnutrition is a serious condition that occurs when a person's diet doesn't contain the right amount of nutrients. It means "poor nutrition" and can refer to: undernutrition – not getting enough nutrients" - NHS
Malnutrition is the lack of calories and nutrients in the human body. Deficiency of nutrients or inadequate nutrition can cause malnutrition. Some of the common reasons can be the lack of funds to purchase quality products, limited access to quality food, mono-diets, reduction in calories and food volumes in order to reduce weight. An unbalanced diet is one main causes of malnutrition, because the body does not receive the required amount of protein, fats and carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals.
A healthy, adequate diet will allow the body to function properly, prevent, and often relieve, most of the problems and diseases.
Consequences of malnutrition
Our body works around the food we eat. After all, we get all the necessary energy and useful substances from the incoming food, and if the body lacks any elements or substances, its work is disrupted, and a number of problems might appear. Here are some common problems:
• Low energy level. The body needs calories to function. If we intake a sufficient level of calories, we feel comfortable. If we don't intake enough calories, a person can experience fatigue, irritation, and a bad mood.
• Efficiency: mental and physical activity can be reduced. Anything you do will cause discomfort, and the becomes passive.
• Hair loss. Hair can be considered a reflection, or an indicator of human health. Inadequate intake of vitamins and other elements weakens them, leading to excessive loss of hair.
• An ongoing feeling of hunger. Thoughts about food or at least a snack will accompany you always and everywhere, and you will not be able to concentrate on your daily activities.
• Hormonal imbalance. This condition is the cause of many diseases in both, men and women.
• Sleep disturbance. Due to constant malnutrition, sleep quality is getting worse, and the phase of deep sleep is reduced in time and frequency. Lack of sleep can cause fatigue.
There is so much more to talk about...
In conclusion, to prevent the occurrence of the above problems, take care of a proper, balanced nutrition, taking into account your rhythm of life and activity level. Don't forget about Genius Food! We will help you organize your day, by doing the meal prep and delivery straight to your door.