How to quickly get in shape before an important event
It happens that before an important event - a wedding, graduation, or a date, your reflection in the mirror does not please you at all. What to do? Is it possible to bring your body in shape in a short period of time? In a day, of course, it's impossible. But what about a couple of weeks or a month? Here is what, we at Genius Food, will suggest you straight away:
Genius Food helps you achieve your goals!
Review your nutrition
The first thing that comes to mind, is of course, nutrition. Here is some things you might need to change:
• Stop eating junk food: fast food, anything fried, smoked, sweets, carbonated drinks, sausages, etc. Refuse or limit your intake of sugar and salt.
• Switch to low-calorie foods: meat (chicken, rabbit, turkey) and low-fat fish, dairy and milk products, and low-fat or with a minimum percentage of fat, cereals, egg whites.
• Eat more vegetables and fruits. Divide the meal in 4-6 portions throughout the day. Try not to take long breaks between them. Eat in small portions. The last meal should be light and no later than 3-4 hours before bedtime.
• Count calories! For weight loss, the daily norm should not exceed 1200 kcal.
• Maintain the balance of protein, fats, carbs: the diet should be varied and contain the necessary amount of protein, fat and carbohydrates. Our fit menu can help with that.
• Do not forget about drinking plenty of water. You need to drink at least 2 litres of fluid per day. In addition to water, you can drink tea without sugar, herbal infusions, freshly squeezed juices.
Add physical exercising to your routine
Do not exhaust yourself with long and heavy exercising, especially if you have not been involved in sports before. In order for the body to become toned and elastic, three workouts on different muscle groups per week is enough. You can work out in the gym or choose a suitable set of exercises which you can do at home.
In addition, you might increase your activity by walking more, for example, in the evening before bedtime . And do not forget about getting healthy sleep - at least 8 hours a day.
Arrange fasting days
If fasting is something that suits you and your body, you can definitely give it a shot. A day of fasting might help you lose up to 2 kg. In fact, it can be considered as a mini-diet and if it is too extreme for you, you can try to eat only 1 to 2 products a day. You can choose any low-calorie product that you like and eat it up to 2 times a day.
Before going into fasting, and also exiting, keep in mind that you need to do it smoothly. Limit yourself from heavy food 1 day before and after. If you have a chronic illness, be sure to consult your doctor.
Bath, sauna, massages might be beneficial. A visit to the steam room can help to cleanse the body of toxins, as well release excess fluid and harmful salts.
A good massages can improve blood circulation, speed up metabolism, and tone the skin.
To achieve the desired goal, motivation and regularity is very important. After all, changing a lifestyle you got used to, might no be easy. Change your lifestyle and eating habits together with Genius Food. We have some nice menus which can help you lose weight, as well as maintain a balanced and healthy diet. Meal prep made easy!